Thank you for the opportunity to preserve the tradition of creating/performing music and song. Several of my students are sitting first chair in their middle and high school ensembles: on violin, sax, french horn, and a couple on trumpet. Others are getting a head start, plunking away on the piano in a ‘simon says,’ Call-And-Response fashion. So again, thank you!
Here are some of our exciting new offerings to look out for.
- We will be adding a second recital to conclude our fall session (end of 2015)
- All students/parents get FREE digital copies of any/all music and movies we create.
- Soon, I am moving my home studio to NYC (East Harlem, Bushwick, or Astoria)
- Please note, that I have added several resources to the Services>Lessons tab on my site.
- Here’s a new Curriculum to guide our journey from…
- ‘How to hold my instrument’ to…
- ‘What should I major in? to…
- ‘How do I build and maintain a fulfilling career in the arts, media, tech, and/or entertainment biz?’
- With several years of teaching experience on nearly a dozen instruments, I am gradually writing a music workbook,
- it’s meant to be a shortcut to proficiency and musical literacy.
- many other theory, method and rep books are bloated. Let’s cut out the fat.
- materials will be made available as they develop.
- We hope to start a summer ‘music and media camp’ (with an emphasis on original composition) in the next 3-5 years.
- Lastly, we are now hiring other music teachers to expand our music school.
As we expand our offerings, we need to make some compensation adjustments to continue in a sustainable manner.
I personally had 28 students this past session, but moving forward, I am only taking about 15 students to focus on finishing some long term film projects (which will, in turn, provide a richer experience for your kids to see what goes on behind-the-scenes) so please reserve your time at your earliest convenience.
It has been an honor and delight to be your child’s friend and mentor.
Thanks a bunch for your support!! :)
FREE lesson for every referral we close. First Lesson is a FREE TRIAL lesson.
NOTE: New pricing (below) set to take effect starting Jan 1, 2016.
|Teacher||at St. Catherine’s Church||Home Lessons|
Save 5/hr for paying in full up front
P.S. What shall we name this music school?
TSIM – Tom Stroll Institute of Music?
NNA – Neither North Academy (band name)?
KAM -Korbl Academy of Music (Korbl is mother’s maiden name)?
SAM – Strazzera Academy of Music (Strazzera was my family name before my grandfather named us after a type of dance music he used to play in his string quartet)?
I’m open to suggestions. Thanks again!